Why do you need a Quantity Surveyor?
Chances are, if you are on this page then you already knows the answer to that question.
What can Halford Surveying Do For You?
We offer the following services:
- Advise on the potential of a site and work out what a client can afford to build, known as ‘Feasibility Study’.
- Present detailed information on the project costs on a periodic basis to enable payment for those works carried out to date.
- Organise the division of a project into its component work packages, then award these work packages to smaller, more specialised construction companies (known as subcontractors) and, in that process, find out who offers the best deal.
- Deal with contractual and legal matters.
- Manage costs to make sure that the initial budget isn’t exceeded or that any budgetary decisions are made with accurate information.
- Arrange subcontract payments and, at the end of a job, settle the final accounts.
- Act as financial advisors and monitor progress for the client.
Who Are Halford Surveying Limited?
With experience in many areas of the construction industry, Halford Surveying have worked with a wide range of companies.
From Tier 1 contractors to small subcontractors and homeowners planning development of their own property, we can tailor our service to your specific requirements.
The Services We Offer:
Site measures and interim valuations
Attending site to carry out accurate weekly or monthly remeasures compliant with relevant method of measurement;
Compilation, submission and agreement of interim valuations and final accounts.
Developing commercial systems and processes to ensure that value and cashflow are maximised.
Bill of Quantities preparation
- Full take-off from plan and spec
- Budget costings
- Tender packages
- Feasibility studies
- Subcontract enquiry packages
- Contract preparation
- Interim applications and assessments
- Final accounts and retention administration
- Programme development and management
- Sequencing of works
- Progress meetings
- Variation management
- Dispute resolution
- Snagging lists
- Practical completion
- Various forms of contract, including JCT, NEC and bespoke forms
- Working from client, main contractor or subcontractor perspective
- In order to run a project or contract efficiently and profitably, the costs need to be fully understood
- We can help to establish where efficiencies can be gained and where improvements can be made through detailed cost analysis and management